My first rambling…
This is my first blog post for the Social Media Driving Licence, week 2. The above image represents my current views on social media: a bright and intricate collection of channels.
Part of this week’s tasks was to list my personal pros and cons of social media, so here they are:
- Re-connect with lost friends
- Communicate and share with family
- Share stories and achievements
- Narrow the physical gap with family – feel closer
- Instant communication – faster than email
- Find product/place reviews
- Discover new content, tools
- Get advice
- Awareness of what’s happening in the world
- Support social campaigns
- Professional development and networking
- Overwhelming – huge amounts of information
- Time consuming – managing different tools, testing new tools and finding the right one to use
- New tools all the time!
- Reliance on social media
- Parental controls
- Exposure – can’t delete or undo
Image credit: Mwezibou via Flickr Creative Commons
About cluna2014Library Assistant at the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
Blogs I Follow
- This could be the first time
- Scene from my saddle
- Hughesy's social context
- Sayara's blog
- Wright rambles.....
- learn social
- Views from the 6th
- Adventures in the Zuniverse
- In the Social Media Driving Seat
- The EntreMeander
- Don't call me Catbert!
- Scribble happy pickle
- Coupar Country
- The CJBS Social Media Driving Licence
- economical with the ruth
- Do It Anyway, ok?